The students who got their complete or a part of tertiary education from a country and then move to another country for further education are known as international students. Nowadays, almost 4.5 million international students are studying in the UK. If international students want to get a UK visa, it is necessary for them to pass IELTS. To pass IELTS, it is necessary for the international students that they should have enough idea about its complete process and rules.
Some essential tips to get UK students visa and to pass IELTS are given below;
Is it possible to get a UK study visa without IELTS
For better performance and enhancement of education level in all around the world, there are some UK universities that are allowing the students to get admission even after getting lower bands in IELTS. For this reason, it is necessary for you to secure at least 60% of grades in matriculation or inter exams. After that this university will select you on the basis of telephonic interview. Now, the problem is that there are only a few universities that are allowing the students to get admission only in few departments without IELTS. Therefore, if you want to increase your chances to get admission in the UK, it is necessary for you to get better bands in IELTS.
What are the UK student visa requirements?
If you want to get admission to a specific course in the UK, it is necessary for you to apply for this course at least two to three months ago. UK student visa is given on the basis of the points system. Therefore, before applying for the UK student visa, you should try to ensure the following requirements;
- You should have to provide complete detail of your passport
- You should have to provide recent photographs
- You have to provide CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) form from the course provider
- It is necessary for you to provide proof of English language skills in the form of IELTS
- It is also necessary for you that you should have proof of financial support while staying in the UK for studies
- As an international student, if you want to study a sensitive subject in the UK, it is also necessary for you to provide an ATAS certificate
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an international Standard English proficiency test for the non-native English speakers. It is managed by the British council and it is known as the best English Proficiency test. The students are awarded 1 to 9 bands. 0 bands are for those students who don’t appear in this exam. There is no minimum requirement of bands to pass the IELTS test. You just need to take an overview of the threshold of your institute before taking this test. After getting an idea about the requirements of your institution, you can prepare for this exam appropriately. The main characteristics of this test are given below;
- On the basis of this test, the members of the British Council will test your English reading, writing, speaking and listening abilities
- The speaking test is the key component of IELTS. Its reason is that while giving a speaking test, it is necessary for an individual to take a one-to-one interview with the examiner. This test is recorded. If a candidate appeals that he/she is not satisfied by the bands given in the speaking test, he/she will be re-marked on the basis of this recorded test.
- While taking the writing test, the members of the British Council will try to test a variety of accents and writing styles.
- Bands are awarded by keeping in mind each sub-skill of the language.
Changes to IELTS
If you are an international nurse or midwife and you want to get a UK visa, it is good news for you. Its reason is that before December 2018, it was necessary for the nurses and midwives to get at least 7.0 bands in all the IELTS tests i.e reading, writing, listening and speaking. Now, they have changed this rule and it is known as good news for the nurses and midwives. Now, if they want to qualify for any nursing or midwife program, it is necessary for them to get at least 7.0 bands in listening, reading and speaking tests. Anyhow, they are relaxed to get 6.5 bands in writing the test.
UK Tier 4 Visa Checklist
All the students who are applying for UK Tier 4 Visa must take an overview of the visa requirements in order to get the best results. You should try to make sure that you have the following documents and all of these documents must be in English.
- You should have completed visa application form
- You should complete the self-assessment form fully
- You should have a current passport with at least one blank page
- You should have passport size coloured photographs
- You should try to give a medical test before applying for the visa because it is also one of the most important requirements in order to get a study visa
- You should have a CAS certificate. CAS certificate will tell the immigration members that you are allowed from the UK University to get admission in a particular program in the university.
- You should try to give an English proficiency test like IELTS and try to get the required bands in this test. Its reason is that you will also be asked to provide complete detail of this test in your application.
- You should have to provide a financial statement in the bank along with this application. This financial statement should show that you can support yourself at least 9 months after the day of arrival.
- It is also necessary for you to attach a letter of that bank who account you are showing in your application. If you are supported by your parents or any other third party, it is also necessary for you to attach a letter from them that they will support you during your stay in the UK.
Information By: Assignment writing services UK